electrical storm

Friday, October 06, 2006

Glasgow3

Im fed up with the monotony of my titles ("Glasgow", "Glasgow2", "Glasgow3"), but they'll have to do for now, as my mental capacities are wholly engaged in lecture survival. Perhaps when i hit double figures with the Glasgow posts i'll force myself to be slightly more inventive, but until then, repetitive and uniform they shalt be. Sorry.

As i was walking home from lectures today, i was pondering on what my "best bring" to Glasgow has so far proved to be (for the sake of my reputation, can i point out that all other potential topics for deliberation HAD already been exhausted; i am not by nature one who gravitates towards such mundanity :P ). But to continue; my instincts said umbrella, as, akin to the wellies, it provides neccessary protection from the unnatural and frequentious showers that spill over this city like they do over no other. So yes, it is true - my umbrella has become my essential item. Indeed, if someone had been to ask me the infamous, "if your house was on fire, what one thing would you save?" question this morning, as i observed the torrents outside from the warmth of the lecture theatre, i would have needed not one moment for consideration.

Oh my goodness, i've reached new depths on the british-weather-obsession.

On a totally different note, i've volunteered to be one of four representatives for first year sociology and anthropology, which means that if i'm elected I'll be responsible for good communication between the teaching staff and the 300 students on my course for the rest of this year. Depending on how many people volunteer, there will either be an automatic selection, or a class vote. Yikes! not sure quite WHY ive decided to put myself through this, apart from the fact that it seemed like a really good idea at the time; going to meetings and then reporting back to a lecture theatre (of what i'm sure will appear to be millions) doesnt sound like my type of thing - i get incredibly nervous about public speaking. But at the same time, i get such an adrenaline rush out of it. And (to continue positively) not only will it look good on my CV, but i'll get all the information before everyone else does. HA!

Right, well i better get going. I have notes to condense down, neighbours to watch, tea to eat, the union to go to, and then from midnight till 3.30am i'm giving out cake and toasties to people after their big nights out with the christian union. Will then hopefully snatch a few hours sleep before getting the bus home to my beloved NEWCASTLE! x


4 Comments:

  • At 7:14 pm, Blogger Alan P Harrison said…

    At few years ago, U2 joined with their producer to form a band called "the passengers". Its mainly instrumental music, but they do have some songs with lyrics. One of them is a song about Elvis called "Elvis ate america", and it consists of line after line of adjectives about him.

    Your song would be something like...

    Sarah,
    Wellie wearer,
    Sociology bearer,
    It doesn't scare her,
    Sees the weather,
    Ate a pear(er).

    Hehe!

     
  • At 5:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sarah.. Stan here.. just read your blog from start to finish. Have to say, the wellies made me smile.. Dare i ask... if it was raining on your wedding day, would you...surely not.. If you did, i would were my overalls !!!! Seriously, it's great to keep in touch. Take care God bless.. Love Stan x x

     
  • At 6:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just read all your blog. Wellies made me laugh. just a thought.. If it was raining on your wedding , would you...
    surely not.. If you did, i would wear my overalls !!! Seriously, it's good to keep in touch.
    Take care .. God bless ; Love Stan x x

     
  • At 9:35 pm, Blogger Nodrog said…

    If it was raining, your house wouldn't be on fire for very long...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home