electrical storm

Friday, May 26, 2006

the night before...

....the wedding! (not mine!). If you read alan's blog, you will have undoubtedly heard that we're going with my mum & dad and tim to london this weekend for my aunty's wedding. We've been looking forward to it for a long time, for so many reasons - like alan said, we havent seen each other for two weeks, plus london's lush, plus it's a wedding, plus its a FAMILY wedding - and, perhaps most intriguing of all, i get to introduce alan to all the members of my family who, because of our pig-headedness in living up north, have not yet managed to meet him. Eeeeee!!!

We used to see more of them - i mean, for the ten years when i was between the ages of six and sixteen, my mum's side of the family used to go camping in herefordshire (where my mum grew up) for at least a week every summer holidays. That was, my mum's parents, mum, dad, me and tim, my mum's middle sister and her two kids, and my mum's youngest sister, who is getting married this weekend. Other people would come sometimes, but we were the ten who always went. But once me and sam (my cousin) turned 16, we stopped wanting to go, and so for the last couple of years there have been very few family reunions. So i am REALLY excited!

anyway, got to go, i'll tell you all about it when i get back :D

1 Comments:

  • At 8:49 pm, Blogger Mr and Mrs in iMmoral claWs said…

    hey sweetie how are ya, i reckon you'll have started your journey by now. Hope you have a fab time and i'm sure the wedding will be lovely!

    i'm workin all weekend CANNOT BE BOTHERED!!! (think of the money, think of the money...)

    Have a good London! xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home