electrical storm

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Domesticated bliss


Today i find myself feeling very content, quite a contrast to the emotional turmoil of yesterday. It was just one of those days, but i'm happy to say that today has been so much better! After getting up I wandered downstairs did what i usually do these days - tidied up the debris my family have left behind them as they scurry out to work and school. Which i suppose is actually just school, given that both my parents are teachers. This meant washing up, emptying the dishwasher, putting on a load of washing, hanging out the load that mum put on at 7am, and doing some ironing. And then i headed out into the garden, where i spent two hours weeding out the patio...i'm quite scared by this!! i have absolutely no prior record of being a garden freak, and have resisted any attempts made in the past to induce me into such behaviour, even when bribes have been proffered under my nose.....so why did i voluntarily don gardening gloves and grab a trowel this morning!?!? help! have i somehow mysteriously aged three decades over night? i'll blame the weather, it's beautiful today, enough to make anyone want to be in the garden.

I've just realised that in addition to being content today, i'm actually pretty content full-stop right now. I say this knowing fine well that anyone reading this who see's me regularly will take great pleasure in pointing out to me over at least the next week all those occasions when i both appear and claim to be far from content, but hey, what the heck - what i'm trying to say is, compared to so much of this last year, which has been very dark for me, i now find myself feeling so satisfied by my life - not that everything is by any means perfect, but rather i am finding out more and more that when God is the centre, i can be content no matter what is happening around me. It makes me think of Phillipians 4:12

"I have learned the secret of living in every situation....for i can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need"

By this i dont claim to be living in great physical discomfort, or in need of anything - i don't think many people reading this could. What i mean is, no matter what i'm going through emotionally or spiritually, i can find contentment in Christ. On that note, i'm going to go, because i'm spending too much time blogging and too little time praying.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's great that you're feeling content, and i will not point out things at all! :0) xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home