electrical storm

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

psalm 34

After a very emotional weekend i feel like my feet are, once again, nearly on the ground. Isn't it amazing how many emotions we are capable of as humans? I was quite annoyed that i got so down on saturday, cos i felt like i was taking a step backwards from all the good stuff that had been happening towards the end of the week with regards to me and prayer. But yesterday and today i've been back on the right track again, and i've continued working at it - though i'd be a fool and a liar to try and convince you that i was totally reformed, i can say that already just taking out the time in my day to praise God more has made such a difference to my relationship with Him. Alright, so i didnt manage it on saturday, and i guess thats the challenge - to praise God even when i feel like something thats been scraped off the pavement. But reading psalm 34 yesterday in work i was like WOW! this is what i read;

"i will praise the Lord at all times, I will constantly speak His praises. I will boast only in the Lord. let all those who are discouraged take heart...i prayed to the Lord and he answered me, freeing me from all my fears. Those who look to Him will be radiant with joy, no shadow of shame will darken their faces. I cried out to the Lord and in my suffering and He heard me......taste and see that the Lord is good - oh the joys of those who trust in Him! Let the lord's people show him reverence for those who honour him will have all they need"

It was like that psalm was my own, like they were my words. And i couldnt stop praising God! i was praying and praying that a customer wouldnt come in, cos if they had i would have probably freaked them out no end - can you imagine, "that'll be £ 9.90 please, PRAISE YOU LORD!!!". Anyway! i carried on reading my bible (if only "Thresher" knew that this is what they pay me £5.10/hr to do...) and now i have a load more thoughts on prayer which i'll be posting tomorrow. But for now, i have to go to bed, i'm tired out, been working too much. Last day in tomorrow, then i've got four days off for the wedding - magic. And alan's nearly home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home