electrical storm

Thursday, May 25, 2006

UK Anniversary


Today it's exactly one year since anna and mike flew home from Kosova
(i'd had to leave a month earlier). So we've now had a whole year at home in the UK, and we're still talking! I wanted to dedicate this post to them, and to the time we had together in Gjakove.

The photo on the left was taken on my last night in Kosova from outside my church, and i love it. If you look in the middle, you can see how the sunlight was hitting off the mountains in the background, just outside of the town - it was beautiful, and i miss it so much. Our friends diana, adelina and spendi and philoretta live in the houses on the right next to the yellow car, and behind the blue fence on the left is the local school where we gave out shoeboxes one time. Obviously the three people on the right are mike, me and anna, that shot was taken by a river which had frozen over during the -28 spell on our way back from a village called Krushe e Madhe, probably in february (2005).

I thought i'd write a lot more, but i'm feeling all choked up, I just read back on my diaries from Kosova, which i haven't done in months. Sometimes i want to burn them because of the pain that they can bring, it leaps out of the pages like a wound opening up - but i cant, because there are also some amazing things written there, which i would not lose. My experiences in Kosova are part of me now, the good and the bad. But i guess that today, if anything, is about remembering that a whole year has gone by since any of us were there, and that the future is now.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home